STAGE 1 FIRE RESTRICTIONS
EFFECTIVE FRIDAY AUGUST 25th 2018
RIO BLANCO COUNTY
Pursuant to Rio Blanco County Resolution 2015-15 the following acts are prohibited in Rio
Building, maintaining, attending, or using a fire or campfire except within a developed recreation site, or improved site 36CFR261.52(a)
Smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle or building, a developed recreation site or while stopped in an area at least three feet in diameter that is barren or cleared of all flammable materials. 36CFR261.52(d)
Welding, or operating an acetylene or other torch with open flame except within an area that is barren or cleared of all flammable materials at least ten feet on all sides from the equipment. 36CFR261.52(i)
Operating or using any internal combustion engine without a spark arresting device properly installed, maintained, and in effective working order meeting either the USDA Forest Service Standard 5100-1 (as amended), or appropriate Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) recommended practice J335(b) and J350(a) (36 CFR 261.52(j)).
Possessing, discharging, or using any kind of firework or other pyrotechnic device 36CFR261.52(f)
Using an explosive. 36CFR261.52(b)
Persons with a permit specifically authorizing the prohibited act or omission.
Any Federal, State or Local Officer or member of an organized firefighting force in the performance of an official duty.
Residents owners and lessee of land within the restricted area exempt from No.l, provided such fires are within a residence.
Fires in constructed, permanently installed fire pits or fire grates within developed recreation sites. Does not include constructed rock fire rings.
Mechanical stoves and appliances fueled by bottled or liquid gas which allow the operator to control or extinguish the flame with a valve are permitted provided that such devices are approved by Underwritters Laboratory Inc.
WHAT IS ALLOWED
• Campfires within designated fire grates in developed campgrounds (i.e., a metal, in-ground containment structure
• Stoves fuel by liquid petroleum or gas
• Operating or using any internal engine, such as chainsaws and OHV’s, must have a spark arrestor device.
• Safely enjoying your public lands
WHAT IS NOT ALLOWED
• No fires of any type, including charcoal, outside of developed areas
• No fire pans and or fires in rock campfire rings
• The personal use of ALL fireworks are prohibited during fire restrictions.
• No smoking except within an enclosed vehicle or building, a developed recreation site or in a barren area free of vegetation
• No welding or acetylene/other torch except within an area that is barren or cleared of all flammable materials at least ten feet on all sides of equipment.
It is the mission of the Rio Blanco County Sheriff's Office to safeguard the lives and property of the people of Rio Blanco, while working in partnership with our citizens to improve their quality of life.
Our commitment is to do so with:
Integrity, Honor, and Respect with an attitude of Service to maintain public confidence.
Rio Blanco County Sheriff's Office Policy and Procedure Manual
|KEEP UP TO DATE WITH WITH RIO BLANCO COUNTY BY DOWNLOADING OUR FREE RIO BLANCO COUNTY APP.|
|Keep up to date with all the news, updates, and community/county events through Rio Blanco County’s Free App. Search “Rio Blanco County Sheriff” in your app store or below is a QR Code.|
|Download the free app today and get push notifications of alerts and happenings throughout Rio Blanco County.|