Complete the Building Permit Application, sign, and return the application. All information that applies to your project must be completed, this includes contractor information.
Building Department Approval
Applications for buildings with proposed Onsite Waste Treatment Systems (OWTS) require Rio Blanco Building Department approval and must provide the Department with an Onsite Waste Treatment System (OWTS) Application. If you have any questions contact us at 970-878-9452.
Applicant must submit two sets of plans, a Site Plan (PDF), and supporting documents. Contact Building Division for any questions at 970-878-9450.
Approval & Fee Notification
The applicant will be notified of the building permit review fee. Review the Building Permit Fee Schedule (PDF).
Plan Review Process
- Submissions are reviewed on a first come first served basis, regardless of complexity.
- Plans will be distributed to the Building and Planning division for review and approval.
- You will be notified by phone if the plans are incomplete and need corrections or more information.
- Corrected plans are approved.
- The applicant is notified by phone that their Building Permit is ready.
- Building permits will be issued once all required fees have been settled.