Weed & Insect Control

Broad Leaf Weeds
Weed and feed lawn fertilization products can be used, but damage is possible to tree and shrub planting in landscape by absorption of chemicals into the plant roots. Instead use 2-4 D Amine or a similar product for weed control.

Grass Weeds
Use a product such as glyphosate, applied directly to leaves of grass-like weeds, such as Johnson grass, Orchard grass, etc.

If insect problems are evident, consult your Cooperative Extension office or local garden center.