To promote the well being of the citizens of Rio Blanco County with respect and dedication to our unique way of life, by protecting the overall health of our community.
Hours of Operation
Rio Blanco County Public Health and Environment is currently offering a wide range of services (please see below). We are open Monday-Friday to answer phone calls, and by appointment for services:
|8:00 am - 4:30 pm||-----|
|TUESDAY||-----||8:00 am - 4:30 pm|
|WEDNESDAY||8:00 am - 4:30 pm||-----|
|THURSDAY||-----||8:00 am - 4:30 pm|
|FRIDAY||8:00 am - 2:00 pm||8:00 am - 2:00 pm|
The three core functions of Public Health are:
Regular, systematic collection of information on the health of the community.
Assure that the services necessary to achieve health goals are available to the whole population, either by encouraging other entities to provide them or, if necessary, by providing services directly.
Work for rules, laws, and/or policies that serve the health interests of the whole community.
• Assure access and provide linkages to personal health services.
• Develop policies that support and protect the health of the community and the environment.
• Enforce laws and regulations that protect the health of the public and the environment.
• Mobilize community partnerships to solve identified health problems.
• Monitor the health status of the population and the environment, and identify community health problems.
• Prevent and control the spread of communicable disease.
• Promote positive health behaviors and environmental practices.
• Influenza and Tdap vaccines available for all insurance categories
• All childhood vaccines for children who are uninsured, underinsured or children with Medicaid
• Vaccines for uninsured adults
• State of Colorado Immunization Records
•TB skin testing and case management
• Communicable disease investigation/information and case management
• Pregnancy testing and sexual health counseling
• STI testing
• Family planning services coordinated with local healthcare facilities
• Care coordination and healthcare referral services
• WIC - Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children
• Environmental Health Services:
• Food safety information and education
• Retail food licensing and inspection
• Air quality monitoring (PurpleAir.com)
• Radon kits (free)
• Water testing kits
• Environmental health resources and referrals
• Emergency Preparedness Information
Please visit http://www.rbc.us/298/Rio-Blanco-Alerts-Reverse-911 to stay informed about major emergencies and disaster events that affect the residents of Rio Blanco County.