Weed & Pest Control
The Rio Blanco County Weed and Pest Department will be selling herbicide for weed control on Thursday mornings from 7 a.m. to noon in Meeker and delivering pre-orders to Rangely on Thursday afternoons. This schedule is effective from the first week in May through the first week of September. Other times can be setup by appointment.
During the summer we manage noxious weeds along roadsides and county properties, special management areas, and on private, state and federal lands.
2022 Herbicide Bid
- Two (2) container limit on 2,4-D and glyphosate (RoundUp) products per day due to a shortage from the manufacturer. The chemical supplies to our supplier should be back in stock by mid summer
- Large orders (more than 4 containers) of several products need to place a pre-order to ensure chemicals are in stock
- The limit on cost share is $300.00 per landowner, on a first-come first-serve basis. (Not all chemicals are enrolled in the cost share program)
- A Weed Management Plan of the property that wishes to utilize the cost share program needs to be in place to receive the cost share. Forms are located on this page.
Mormon Cricket Update
Rio Blanco County Weed & Pest Department will provide EcoBran Bait to assist with the current Mormon Cricket Infestation in Rio Blanco County. This product is being offered free of charge to residents. Please pick up in the following locations
- RBC Weed & Pest Office | 779 Sulphur Creek Road
- Thursdays 7am to noon
- Rangely Annex | 17497 Highway 64 (use main door)
- Tuesday, Wednesday & Thrusday 8 am to noon