Mobile Home Demolition
DEMOLITION OF MOBILE HOMES
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS CONTACT THE BUILDING DIVISION AT (970) 878-9450
Please provide the following information to the appropriate departments.
- Go to Clerk & Recorder"s office with proof of ownership or title. A Certificate of destruction will need to be filed with the clerk. Tax Authorization will need to be obtain from the Treasurer.
- An Asbestos Inspection must be performed by a State Certified Asbestos Inspector and the findings documented in a report.
- A State Demolition Permit must be applied for and received before proceeding.
- After the State Demolition Permit is received a Rio Blanco County Demolition Permit Application must be applied for and received before proceeding with the demolition.
- If the Mobile Home exceeds legal dimensions, a Transport Permit needs to be obtained from the state for State Highways and from Rio Blanco County for county roads. The form is available from Road & Bridge/Landfill Office (970)-878-9590.
- Owner must remove all fluids. Freon must be removed from refrigerators/freezers by a State Certified CFC technician and tagged appropriately.
- If Non-Friable Asbestos is present: Rio Blanco County will submit Asbestos inspection to the landfill consultant for an opinion if the material can be accepted and how it needs to be prepared for transport and disposal.
- Owner will need to complete the special waste char. for so a special waste number can be assigned. Form is available from, the Road and Bridge /Landfill Office, (970) 878-9590.
- A completed manifest must accompany each load and submitted to the Road & Bridge/Landfill Office, (970) 878-9590
- If Friable Asbestos is Present the Rio Blanco County Landfill Cannot Accept it.
- Call Rio Blanco County Road & Bridge/lLandfill with any questions (970) 878-9590 @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>